FBP InternationalFBP InternationalFBP International

Subclass 101 (Child) Visa

Child Visas

Subclass 101 (Child) Visa

Subclass 101 allows overseas children to move to Australia and live with their parents.

Benefits of Subclass 101

With a Subclass 101 (Child) Visa, a child can:

  • Live in Australia indefinitely
  • Work and study in Australia
  • Enrol in Medicare
  • Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
  • Sponsor eligible relatives to come to Australia
  • Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible

To be eligible to apply for this visa, the child must meet the following requirements:

  • Be dependent on a parent who is an:

○ Australian citizen
○ Eligible New Zealand citizen
○ Australian permanent visa holder

  • Be a/an:

○ Biological child
○ Adopted child
○ Stepchild (from a previous partner)

  • The child must be either:

○ Under 18 years,
○ Between 18 to 25 years and studying full-time, or
○ Over 18 years with a disability

  • The child must not have a partner. They must not or can never have been:

○ Married
○ Engaged to be married or
○ In a de facto relationship

  • The child must be sponsored by:

○ An eligible parent,
○ Parent’s spouse, or
○ Parent’s de facto partner

  • Meet the health requirements.
  • Meet the character requirements.
Location when Applying

A child should be outside Australia when applying.

Including Family

The child applicant’s siblings cannot apply under the same application. Each sibling that is applying is required to submit a separate application.

Read more about Subclass 101.