34.9 C
Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Student Visa

500 (student) Visa

The Student visa is designed to facilitate full-time study and training for international students in Australia. This visa allows students to remain in Australia if they are enrolled in their required course. Prior to applying for the visa, students must be enrolled, or in certain cases, have a letter of offer, from an Australian educational institution.

Application Process:
To apply, you need to be registered for a full-time program at an Australian educational institution and have received a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) from that institution. Once all requirements are met, we will submit your visa application to the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA). The eligibility criteria will vary based on your passport nationality and the requirements of the educational institution. Additionally, you must meet the relevant standards of morality and fitness.
Upon issuance of your visa by the DOHA, you can enter or remain in Australia to pursue your course of study. While enrolled, you are allowed to work up to 40 hours per week, but you cannot commence work until your course has commenced. Different work provisions apply to higher education research Master’s and Doctoral level courses, so please consult with us if needed. It is also important to verify the work allowance for any dependents included in your application.


  • Participation in an eligible course of study in Australia
  • Online application option available, whether inside or outside Australia
  • Travel in and out of Australia is permitted.
  • Ability to bring family members to Australia.
  • Temporary unlimited work hours in any sector as a current measure


  • Enrolment in a course of study in Australia
  • Holding Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), unless exempt
  • Age of 6 years or older
  • Provision of a welfare arrangement if under 18 years of age
  • Holding an eligible substantive visa if currently in Australia

Extending the Visa duration:

  • Apply for a new Student visa to continue studies in Australia.
  • Possibility of qualifying for a visitor visa (subclass 600) if the student visa expires before graduation, supported by a document from the educational institution stating the graduation date.
  • Eligibility for a temporary graduate visa (subclass 485) if certain qualifications have been completed in Australia within the last six months, and a student visa has been held or previously held.
  • Qualification for the Skilled Recognition Graduate visa (subclass 476) if recently graduated with an engineering degree from a recognized institution.
  • Apply for an appropriate new visa if wishing to stay longer for any other

For more information on the 500 (Student) Visa, Please contact our experts.

590 (Student Guardian) Visa

This visa allows you to stay in Australia as the guardian of an international student under 18 years of age studying on a student visa.


  • Stay in Australia to provide care and support for a student visa holder under 18 years of age (or over 18 in exceptional circumstances)
  • Care for multiple students
  • Study an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) for less than 20 hours per week or engage in other study or training for up to 3 months.
  • No work rights.


  • Be a parent or guardian of the student or a relative who is at least 21 years old and nominated in writing by a parent or guardian of the student.
  • Do not bring children under 6 years old, unless specific conditions apply.
  • Unless applying with government sponsorship from the home country, demonstrate the ability to provide housing, general welfare, and other support to the student.

For more information on the 590 (Student Guardian) Visa, Please contact our experts.

Previous article
Next article



Quick & Easy Steps to Migrate to Australia

Your qualify

your documents

your application

Visa Grant